Wednesday, June 30, 2010

An Aha Moment

So I have had an "aha" moment with finances! I used to be one of those people who did not mind having debt and wanted to live in the moment, i always felt like why not spend it now because who knows if you will be able to enjoy it later? But now I am on this new kick! i have started the Dave Ramsey plan and am actually really excited about it, there is something very empowering about taking control of your money instead of having it control you. So i am waxing my own eyebrows and going to learn how to cut my sons hair! We are even going to sell our house and live smaller to save money and be able to have an emergency fund and get rid of our debt! Wow is this ME talking or have i been possessed! lol -It is really kind of fun and exciting trying to figure out different ways to save money!
I mean dont get me wrong i have my weak moments but am trying to remind myself that if i can stick with this later we will be able to retire young and not have to work for the rest of my life! So i am on with my new adventure! i will keep you posted on the ups and downs -- hopefully more ups than downs!

No comments:

Post a Comment